Monday 27 June 2011

Home sweet home...

I'm not the best when it comes to decorating or interior design as such.  My home at the moment is a work in progress and probably by the time it is done, it will be time to move on to the 10 bedroomed, 27 bathroomed mansion I have my eye on somewhere in the countryside.

Don't get me wrong...I know what I want, I just want to be helped along more with it.  I want style and quality and I want for it not to cost the earth.  I want pretty in some rooms and I want classy in others.

Up until now, that help was beyond my reach.

Up until now...

I have, in my hands, the most awesome sneak preview that has ever landed on my hall floor.  The BRAND NEW Autumn/Winter 2011 Home Collection from Matalan has given me reason to smile like a fool while I poreand drool over the pages and decide over and over again what I want (which is pretty much everything!)



The Ditsy Floral & Vintage Range

Matalan have four key themes in store for us this Autumn/Winter.  Heritage, Ditsy Floral & Vintage, (shown left), Monochrome and Nautical. 

Each has it's own strength of character with Heritage and Monochrome giving us bold, luxurious colours whilst the Ditsy Floral & Vintage and Nautical gives us the softer, more homey side of things.  Every room in the house can have it's own story and character with these versatile ranges.

My personal favourite is the Ditsy Floral & Vintage and I've already earmarked several pieces for my kitchen, living room and bathroom when the range debuts across the stores!

Matalan have once again shown their strength of style with fantastic affordable prices that allows you to have a whole new house without breaking the bank!


For such a novice as myself, the sneak peek is a God send.  I can picture how I want things to be where we are now, and when we move (yes when and not if...I am being optimistic), these timeless designs are easily transportable.


Heritage - Striking British colours!
I find myself one step closer to having a home that is adorned with lovely bits and pieces.  The beauty of the price is that you can buy a few *extras* as well.  At least that's what I'm going to tell The Husband.

So if you're in the mood for updating your collection or fancy re-doing rooms, here is a sneak peek for you too so that you can start making those plans to have fabulous new stuff for your home this year!  

Nautical
Heritage

Monochrome Living
Vintage Green bedding

No comments:

Post a Comment